Tuesday 4 September 2012

Oh, the suspense



With less than a week to go before I start the course, nervous doesn’t even begin to describe how I’m feeling. I’ve never been so full of anticipation, well, I think I felt pretty similar when I was moving to Korea, but here I’m worried about different things. I guess the positives are that I’m only moving 45 minutes down the road, I can speak the language and I’ve already met some of the people I’ll be spending the next year with. But this just feels more serious, more grown up, than any decisions I’ve made in my life. 


This week I’m torn between doing lots of reading and preparation for the course and relaxing and making the most of my last week of freedom. I’m leaning towards the latter, I just hope I don’t regret it come Monday. So far I’ve done some reading, completed all the pre course tasks, read about 50 childrens books, and organised all the resources I’ve gathered over the year. 

The next couple of days will be spent packing my life into boxes (again), spending time with the family, ooh and I’m getting my hair done on Thursday (blonde bombshell here I come).

I move into halls on Saturday, and a group of us have arranged to go for drinks Saturday night. Just another thing to be excited (and nervous) about. I’m so glad I made a Facebook group for the new PGCE intake, there’s 70 of us now and it’s lovely chatting and venting to people who feel exactly the same as I do!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment